Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Prep School Negro, Trailer

This isn't in my *voice*, but it is in so many ways what TAN is all about. Where the conversion process begins.



Looking forward to peeping the movie in full. Contact has been made with Andre, the director and producer, so hopefully more recon/stuff to follow on this thread. But really it all just gets me to thinking about how we're close to hitting *our* stride; maybe the final hurdle will be when we finally have the *assimilated* Judd Apatow sensibility on the screen. Not oriented as documentary (unless it's faux/mock), but as simple funny story-telling. Baby steps, negrosan.

We are coming. We are Assimilateds. Hear us roar!

The Prep School Negro

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks great. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7/21/2009

    PREP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7/21/2009

    that *is* gangsta, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Choate will kick that prep school's ass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8/25/2009

    As a Hotchkiss alum, I can proudly say ... fuck a Choate.
    (Just kidding!!)

    On a more serious note, I wish I'd made a film like this when I had the chance. This is looooong overdue and I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12/13/2009

    Holy isht, I need to see this immediately! I went to HS on Park Avenue, and it was quite the mindscrew. Both my brother and I went to academically "elite" high schools well outside our East Bronx home district, and as if we weren't already outsiders in our neighborhood, that DID IT. We were never black enough again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails