Friday, September 12, 2008

The Melanin Matrix

There's a lot of buzz about post-racial this, and pre-internet that, but suffice to say those two things (race and the internet) have made the national conversation about our "American" Culture infinitely more complex.

And of course everyone loves to pin the post-racial hubbub to Obama, but I'm thinking a lot of this acknowledging-differences-yet-remaining-united sensibility actually started post 9/11.

I've long been a fan of NY Magazine's cracka-ass-crackatrix Approval Matrix; so on this post-9/11 day [I/TAN] thought it'd be appropriate to offer a more multicultural scatter-graph to help us analyze recent news happenings from a Post-Racial cultural context.

So after the jump: The Melanin Matrix for 9/12



The Melanin Matrix [Gawker]

1 comment:

  1. I'm about as white as you could get and I don't understand the "collider". But to me it's ashame that the "centrists" are Obama and Letterman. Two men who are the farthest things from what both our cultures are about.

    After several years in the Marines I have the priveledge of having many black friends. And I hope they will say the same about me.

    This election is not about race. I will be the first to stand up for a man or woman of color if their values have merit.

    Obama, right color-wrong values.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails