Thursday, November 10, 2005

TAN On Craiglist (D'oh! Edition)

I'm fairly amused that I express some guilty feelings of remorse regarding my research on Craigslist, how I don't want to judge yada yada yada, and what do you know, it gets Gawkered.

Obviously I shouldn't be surprised about them getting down with some judging, when you consider their new t-shirts.

Or sort of new t-shirts??


But it's slightly amusing.

Anyways, this is all a preface to let those waiting for the aforementioned Craigslist Report know about some disappointing news. Today I was forced to pay particular attention to this message in my craigslist hotmail account:

Messages more than 5 days old will be automatically deleted from the Junk E-Mail folder. Review the messages in this folder from time to time to ensure that it includes only mail you don't want in your Inbox. Tell the Junk E-Mail Filter which messages you'd prefer to have delivered to your Inbox by using the checkboxes and then clicking the 'Not Junk' button.


Those of you who did not vote for Bush can probably guess this means that when I went to go get my quotes and snippets and other data, most of the messages were gone, as all the responses were filtered to junk, and I never bothered to move them.

Alas, the report will have to be delayed as I have to repost the ad and solicit a new batch of responses.

I'll probably put it up again tonight, and those of you who are into that sort of thing can even go look at the post in real time.

Hopefully all the guys on craigslist trolling for this sort of woman don't read TAN.

Actually, I hope they do, so I could know someone other than my pet goldfish reads this. I just hope they're desperate enough to hold out hope no matter what they read here.

Who knows, maybe someone will say the words that convince me to invite them over for ice cream....


In the meantime feel free to add a comment to my incredibly memorable 100th post.

Or your thoughts on the effective soybeans and milk combo.

And I'm still looking for a new word, though "badunkdafunk" from Evan is pretty good.


TAN on CL followup:

TAN on CL (original)
TAN on CL (Zulkey)

5 comments:

  1. I pretend to read your blog, is that sufficient?
    My favourite ice-cream flavours are orange chocolate chip, boysenberry, mint chocolate chip, french vanilla, hokey pokey (but that might just be an NZ thing) neopolitan and goody goody gum drops.
    I would like one of each and I'll be there at tea time on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Breyer's Extra Creamy Chocolate. Great mouth feel. And the psychological effects of the chocolate will counteract the forehead-slapping shame you must be feeling after you let all those craigslist responses, all that blog fodder, disappear into the ether.

    ReplyDelete
  3. claire - what flavors are in hokey pokey?


    Orange - I like extra creamy chocolate. But I don't think it will help me in this case.

    Regardless, you're not convincing me there's no innuendo in talking about Extra Creamy Chocolate ice cream on TAN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm... extra creamy chocolate.....

    Hokey pokey is vanilla icecream with chunks of hokey pokey in it.
    No, that doesn't help.
    I googled it to see if there is a US equivalent, and its peanut brittle without the peanuts.
    http://www.rainforestwebs.com/recipes/hokey.html

    Yummy sugary New Zealand fun. Much like myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course I'm not trying to convince you of that. Mister, I don't toss around terms like "mouth feel" just for the hell of it, you know. I'm a respectable woman. Wait, that doesn't make any sense.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails